This year, it is Burrata, peaches, cherry tomatoes, pesto, on top of grilled sourdough bread.
I. Cannot. Get. Enough.
I was inspired by Salt and Vine, which just opened really close to our new house. They have a great selection of vegetables, a delicious and unique selection of wine hand picked by the owner, hand crafted cocktails, and the cutest marketplace you've ever seen stocked with snacks, ingredients, locally roasted coffee, lovely breads, and kitchen tools. If that wasn't enough to lure you in, their space is beautifully designed.
I'm SOOOO excited because it is the first restaurant in this area, that isn't focused on meat in some way, and it gives me hope that more restaurants like this will open nearby.
During the day, Salt and Vine operates like your typical coffee shop. I saw some of the pastries that were being offered, and woweeeeee, they looked amazing so you better believe I will be back for a sampling. At night, they are focused on serving dinner.
Ok, back to heaven on a plate. Talk about the PERFECT marriage of everything that is in peak growing season RIGHT NOW!
Ripe, but firm peaches with a touch of sweetness, cherry tomatoes to add a fresh crisp savory note, and the pesto rounds things out with a bit of saltiness.
Salt and Vine uses charred corn, which I did not have on hand, so I used cherry tomatoes and smaller heirloom tomatoes.
I also must add that there is something special about the Burrata they use. It was definitely more flavorful than what I found at Whole Foods. Lucky for us, they sell the Burrata in their marketplace!
Not only is it completely delicious, but it is SO easy to make and is the perfect addition to any summer cookout!
In fact, the hardest part has to be grilling the bread slices. If you don't want to grill in this heat, you could toast the bread or put it under the broiler for a little bit.
What is your favorite thing to make or eat this summer??
Celebrate all that is fresh and delicious by making this and let me know what you think! Leave me a comment below! Take a pic and post it on Instagram, tag me @corrielanderson, use #itsallofit, so I can your beautiful creation!!
Buratta, Sliced Peaches. Cherry Tomatoes, and Toast
Recipe Author: Corrie Anderson - inspired by Salt and Vine, I used cherry tomatoes instead of charred corn!
Recipe Type: Vegetarian, Side or Appetizer
- 1 - 2 firm, but ripe peaches, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 1 large round or 3 small rounds of Burrata cheese
- 6 - 8 slices of bread (sourdough bread is a great choice!)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pesto
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat your grill to medium/medium high. Paint both sides of sliced bread with olive oil. Grill until lightly toasted. Cut slices in half.
- Drizzle pesto onto plate. Put Burrata in middle of the plate, arrange peach and tomato bits around the cheese. Add the toasted bread. Drizzle pesto onto cheese. Sprinkle kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. SERVE!
- 1 - 2 cups fresh herbs - you can use basil, oregano, cilantro, parsley, and even a touch of mint!
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup of olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 smashed garlic clove or shallot
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt + more to your liking
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Add all ingredients to food processor or blender. Pulse. Add olive oil and salt as needed. ENJOY!