I recently ventured back into the corporate world for a quick stint. This project fell into my lap at the perfect time, and I am ever so grateful to have an opportunity to replenish our savings account after Lainee’s recent illness.
It has been kind of a readjustment, I must admit. Working from home has many benefits. First of all, I don’t have to wash my hair every day, and I can walk around with a flour handprint on my leg that will probably go unnoticed for the remainder of the day (and maybe the next day, maybe...). Secondly, all of your snacks are within arm’s reach. Now, I am back in pack all of the snacks mode.
Eating healthy is definitely a priority to me so setting aside time to plan out or prepare food is necessary. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast, and I require two of them. Since I’ve been working during breakfast time I had to come up with something easy, satiating, and delicious AND mobile.
That’s where this delightful Pumpkin Pie Granola comes in. This is a recipe I have been trying to nail down for a long time, maybe even a little over a year. The last time I made this granola, it did not taste like pumpkin in the least (that could have been due to the fact that I left it in the oven for about 15 minutes longer than necessary). The time before that, I added so much nutmeg that most of the granola was inedible.
I like my granola with some chunks in it and until now, I’ve had a hard time achieving that! I think the trick is not stirring it while its baking. Instead, you can just rotate the pan to ensure even baking.
I’m proud to say that this granola is chunky and husband approved. That means not only is it delicious, but it is hearty! My husband actually said, ‘Oh wow. That stuff is filling.’ Music to my ears.
Do yourself a favor. Make this granola and have a delightful breakfast to look forward to for the rest of the week! Please share your creation with me!! It would bring me so much joy! Take a photo of your delightful granola, make sure you’re following me on Instagram, and tag @corrielanderson plus add #itsallofit so I can see how yummy it looks!
Pumpkin Pie Granola
Recipe Author: Corrie L. Anderson
Recipe Type: Breakfast / Snack
- 3 - 4 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup raw pepitas
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1-tablespoon brown sugar + 1-tablespoon sugar
- 1-teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ½ tsp cinnamon + ¼ tsp ground ginger + ¼ tsp ground cloves)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3-cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. Prepare large cookie sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil.
- Mix rolled oats, quinoa, nuts, spices, salt, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, mix coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir for about 5 – 7 minutes. Then pour pumpkin mixture over the oats/nuts/spices/sugar and stir until well incorporated.
- Spread mixture evenly on prepared cookie sheet. Pop into the oven for 20 minutes. At the 20-minute mark, turn cookie sheet around to ensure even baking, and bake for 10 to 20 more minutes or until granola is golden brown. Let granola cool completely before eating (if you have the will power).
- Store granola in an airtight container.
Serving Size: 1 – 1/3 cup Calories: 220 Fat: 13 g Saturated Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 19 g Sugar: 9 g Sodium: 79 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 4 g
©Corrie L. Anderson - All rights reserved. All borrowed content must be approved before sharing and properly credited. Thank you.