I've said it before, but one thing that gives me great joy, is tricking people into thinking there is meat in something. I served this lovely mixture of lentils and barley simmered in homemade enchilada sauce at our Christmas party in 'dip' form. Two meat eating males thought there was definitely meat in this mixture. MU AH AH AH! THERE ISN'T! But aside from that, have you ever made your OWN enchilada sauce?? It is RIDICULOUSLY delicious. (This might be the prefect thing to make in time for that big Ping Pong Championship happening tonight) Also included in this post, is the perfect nacho chip....Read More
If you are making a trip to the grocery store, you should pick up some ingredients to make this rockin' Roasted Sweet Potato Farro Kale Salad with Warm Cinnamon Honey Dressing. This recipe is great for the following situations:
- Showing off at a dinner party
- Bringing the best salad to a potluck
- Providing the only healthy item at a potluck (Are potlucks generally unhealthy or is that just a Southern thing?)
- Tricking people into eating something healthy thats actually VERY delicious
- Meatless Monday!!!
- A warm meal for a snowy day